Monday, June 11, 2012

The quilt to die for !!!

So, I saw this great looking quilt in a fabric shop one day.  I almost bought the pattern but forced myself not to.  I took a picture of it and thought that maybe....one day.....I would figure it out and make it.  It was sooo me.

I kept the picture on my phone.  I would pull it out every once in a while and dream.


I loved the homeyness of it.  I loved how all the colors came together.  I loved, loved the stars.
I almost thought it looked too hard to make - or too time consuming.

And then, darn it, I was in that same fabric store a few weeks later and there it was.....still hanging on the wall....calling to me!  And now they had kits for it!   All those great fabrics in one little package.....with the pattern included!

So......yes, I bought the kit.  Had to have it.  How could I really walk out without it?  It really spoke to me.  (yep, this store knew what it was doing!)

But then I was almost afraid to make it.  I didn't want to mess it up.  I thought, if I have the kit and pattern, then one day I will make it.

It was like having a treadmill and feeling skinny just because you have it.........

I was at peace!






No comments:

Post a Comment